Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rainbow For Your Thoughts: Gay Church for Gay Kids

Hey everyone,

I'm back! With a rainbow for your thoughts!



What if there was a gay church for gay kids?

 

 I've heard of such churches being around for gays only, but I've never seen one and quite frankly I'm not sure what one looks like.


I was reading an article on the Huffington Post's Gay Voices page, which is a page designed specifically for LGBT people. The name of the article was called What if Gay Kids had a Church that Love Them?

Check it out for yourself! A quick summary of the article is that Derek Penwell the author received an email from a boy named Benjamin who had emailed to say that he liked seeing a church that cared for its kids even the ones that were gay.

The first church I was at, and had been a member of for all my life told me that I couldn't play there on Sunday mornings because I was gay (Rude right?!) It was like I had been exiled. Every time I walked into the front door the pastor was (and still does) try to turn me straight (or "back to God" as he calls it).

Where are these churches for gay kids? I mean there needs to be at least ONE place where we all are accepted. Now I know for me, I'm happy at school because here, most people don't care what I am (and for some odd reason to all the straight males on campus, I'm referred to as "the cool gay kid")

So I ask you.....What if there was a gay church for gay kids? It could be a safe place for the gay kids that parents kick out on the street. Read the article and tell me what you think in the comments below.


Peace and blessings, SonnyJ

No comments:

Post a Comment