Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Creating A New You

"Sometimes people tell you
Be like me to fit in
Do you know your identity is not in them?"

--Find Yourself in You; Everlife




Welcome back to my blog again!

So on Sunday night I posted a blog about how fitting in can be hard. If you didn't read it then read it here. It actually can apply to anybody whose just had a hard time fitting it.



Now whether you are transitioning from high school to college, college to the real world or maybe you just want to reinvent yourself I'm going to help you do it.

The best times to do it are at the 'gateway years' (from high school to college for example) but if you're already past those points that's okay too! This will still help you in the process of reinventing yourself.



The first thing that you're going to want to do is ask yourself, "Who am I right now?"  That's the first step, because if you don't know who you are now then you can't decide on who you want to be later!

 I was quiet, insecure, I had low self esteem, didn't have many friends, I was slightly depressed. The list goes on and on and on. I knew who i was, and quite frankly I didn't like what I saw.

The second thing you're going to want to do is after you ask yourself that is ask yourself "what do I want to change about myself?"

 For me I wanted to change the fact that I was quiet, that lead to me getting "run over" by people. When people would call me out for being gay, I would always get offended by it, I wanted to become mentally strongers

The third things is to make those changes gradually over time.

You're not going to be able to change everything you want about yourself in 30 seconds. You have to do it slowly. 


Now, I can't do this for you. It's something you have to do for yourself. The way that I listed above is probably the easiest way to do it. If you viewed the link above then you'll remember the entire song is talking about finding yourself in you. Look inside, and see the person you want to be, then slowly change things about yourself so that you become that person.

With that being said, Peace and Blessings

Sonny J  

No comments:

Post a Comment