Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Watch Your Mouth!

Hey blog buddies,

SonnyJ again,

I want to veer off the path that I was taking before last week, where I was talking about coming out. I want to talk about things you say to people. Now, anybody who is a somebody knows that I am gay on this campus. It's not a secret. Most people don't have a problem with it.

However, something happened this week that has literally made me feel as though if I am in high school.  I won't share all the details because none of y'all need to know them right now; but what I will say is that, it involved me and another student and a twitter page.  While I had nothing to do with the creation of this Twitter page. Everyone seems to think that I did it. (For the record-I did not) Anyway, this student felt the need to confront me with the use of words that could have gotten him killed.

People, people, people, I cannot stress enough how important it is, that you watch what you say to certain people. Generally, I don't care what people say to me, or about me, I'll brush it off or throw it right back at you. For me, I'm different, and nothing like anybody else that you've ever met. The things you say to me I always keep them with me and remember that (I'm kinda like an elephant...I don't forget haha)

The things that you say to people can lead to YOU getting hurt, or for that person going to hurt themselves. In the case of me, you can call me gay, you can call me a queer, you can call me whatever you want, but, you cannot call me the F word (no it's definitely not f*ck, the other F word) that's something which I am not, and quite frankly I'm not sure how that word came to mean what most people who are afraid of us gay people use it for!

Anyway, because of the actions of this one student, I decided that I'm not going to just sit around and let him threaten me and call me names. I'm going to do something about it. So I am, I've submitted two student conduct issue reports and hopefully something will be done; if nothing is done, then I will fight until something is.

My message for you to do: Don't let someone pull you down by calling you names and such, you better rise up and go tell someone, and keep bothering someone until something gets done. I know for a fact that nothing was done to the people who did this kind of thing to me in high school.

With that being said,

Peace and Blessings, Sonny J

No comments:

Post a Comment