Thursday, April 18, 2013

Father Sets Fire to HIV-Positive Son

SonnyJ here all,

I was reading an article on the Huffington Post's Gay Voices and it spoke about a father who set his son (who was HIV-Positive) on fire.


Yes, you heard me....He set his son....no wait let me reiterate that with big bold underlined letters.......HE SET HIS SON ON FIRE! What kind of fuckery is this?!

Excuse my language, but it had to be said! This angered me. I've never heard a story such as this before. It's already bad enough that some LGBT teens don't get accepted by their peers, but for them not to be accept by their parents is just unacceptable.  

What promotes a parent to want to do this to their child? Who in their right man as will to want to set someone on fire? Obviously, you're not a good parent if you want to do this because your child is sick, or gay/lesbian. 

BUT something I found interesting when I was searching the internet, and I'm not sure if it's available for teens outside the US (which is where this story happened), but here in the US, there is a program that exist called the National Safe Place 
and it's a youth runaway prevention program, and you're probably thinking "well...how does this pertain to LGBT teens", because a lot of LGBT teens will runaway from their homes if they are not accepted by their parents.  

These safe places are places where these teens can go, and feel safe and get help. It's not just for LGBT teens either, it's for any teen whose in a crisis situation at home.

I wish their was a program like this for this kid who get set on fire,  because it shouldn't have happened...I haven't seen an update yet on this story, but I'm searching for one. 

Hopefully, something was done and justice will be served.

With that being said, I hope every is having an awesome Thursday morning! I know I am!

Peace and Blessings    


 

1 comment:

  1. I honestly can't believe a parent would do such a thing. That's just disgusting.

    But I'm glad there are places out there like the National Safe Place if we have to live in a world where parents are shitty.

    ReplyDelete